Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm A Wreck, Too

Jesse is 'all boy'. All boys are 'all boy'. But when I say this, I mean that my boy is loud, rowdy, he bangs things, he's demanding, impatient a lot of times...

One of Jesse's new things is that if he wants to do something and can't get it done on his own right away, he screams as if he's in GREAT pain. I've run to his painful screams to find that he can't open a door that he wants to open, or he can't get his shoe off. I've tried to teach him a shortened version of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. I tell Jesse that he should reserve his most intense screams for instances of true danger or harm. He doesn't seem to get it.

Check out this boy:



Wow, Jesse! Good work!


SOOOO dirty.



If Jesse were to have his blog, I imagine it might go a little something like this:

My mom is 'all mom'. When I say that I mean she thinks I'm wild, then she doesn't know what to do with me. She wishes I could talk calmly to her and tell her what I want. Then she goes off to the rodeo with Dad, sees a 4 year old boy, and starts to get teary eyed thinking of me at that age. How embarrassing!!!

Jesse's 'blog' is right. I'm a mess, too. I saw this precious 4 year old boy (maybe he was 5) enjoying the rodeo with his parents. I seriously got choked up thinking that Jesse will grow up to be that old. Someone told me that there may be days that go by slowly (or nights), but the years go quickly. My little boy is growing up! I hope I can handle this.

1 comment:

  1. krissa britsch3/28/11, 6:44 PM

    Jesse standing on his toy reminds me of Daniel riding his bouncy horse at home. He was so loud and rough with it, but it was so cute.

    ReplyDelete