Monday, August 30, 2010

Motivation and Opportunities

Jesse isn't a crawler yet, and that's ok. I've heard some moms say that their first didn't crawl as quickly, because the first borns know their moms will just pick them up and take them where they want to go. Ok. I can go with that. :) But I'm trying to at least give him some opportunities to try to crawl.

I'm really not too concerned that Jesse doesn't crawl or have teeth or some of the other things kids his age have done. He's perfect at being Jesse, and I'm very convinced that he will crawl and walk and have teeth one day. :)

Anyhow. Back to the opportunities I'm giving my boy to try to crawl.


I lined up some toys in front of Jesse on his belly.



Try and get them!



You can do it!




He got tired. Then upset.


Mama caved and let him sit up with the toys that were in front of him.




Another thing I did to encourage the boy to move about was removing the coffee table from our living room. Our house here in Tejas has mostly tile floors. I wasn't a fan at first, and the jury's still out a little. But I'm thankful for it when Barry brings in lots of leaves, dirt, and mud through the reallly handy but messy dog door. Anyhow, we have a rug in our living room, but he coffee table was taking up most of the rug. I took a hint from the Stalveys (Henry's fam) and moved the coffee table. Yay! More moving and playing and toys room. And Barry can spread out too. :)



Another good reason for moving the coffee table.


Jesse tried hiding from his Mama!




I see you! And I don't want you to bang your head, kiddo. That table's gotta go.


I'm playing on my playmat and rug and starting to get my knees up under me. If only I could get my head up too.

I got up on my knees, I was on my belly...how'd I flip over?





Look! I can inch my way over here - so there! Who needs to crawl?!


I believe we're on our way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment