Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween?

The question mark is because we couldn't decide if we'd dress Jesse up for Halloween or not. It's kinda tough deciding some of those things that I know Jesse won't remember, but I want to do them because it's fun. We have a child now, and it's fun for us to dress him up for Halloween.

Scott's actually more of a Halloween person than I am. He gets SO excited for October. He'll go to the grocery store with me and buy lots of candy - because of the holiday. He'll eat on it all month long, staying as fit as a fiddle, because he works out and plays basketball. Then when Halloween comes along, we have to buy more candy for he real trick or treaters.

So, Thursday before Halloween on Sunday, I decide to go looking for a costume. I checked out the mall...nothing. I even went to a Halloween store. Creepy! That's what I don't like about Halloween. I love the cute costumes, trick or treaters, and candy, but I do NOT like scary stuff! The store had scary noises and creatures everywhere.

I decided not to spend a lot of money on a cow costume. I thought it'd be cute, but Scott might night agree. :) I headed down to the 99 cent store. I found a fireman hat, little fire truck, and a really less-than-exciting fireman outfit...each cost $.99. I thought, if I don't find anything else, we can go with this. The costume also fit 2 year olds, so it would have been too big for Jesse anyhow.

Next stop: Party City. I can really appreciate all the fun costumes! It kinda makes me want to dress up like a hippy or police woman or a giant monkey. That's fun! :) I became inspired by a cowboy hat. I can do this! I'd get Jesse a bandana, he could wear his cute jeans...I could get some felt and make a vest and chaps for him. This could work!

I have to give credit to my friends Amanda and Amber who I've seen use felt. MY favorite thing about felt is that there's NO HEMMING!!!!

Here's what we ended up with on Halloween. :) My handsome cowboy!




Cute Cowboy

I do NOT like this hat!

Spread 'em, Cowboy!

Should I be worried?

Uh, Mom. This git-up is crampin' my style.

I'm happy for now :)

Gazin off into the distance - makin' sure the cattle are ok and there's no storm a-brewin'

He means business - no misbehavin' around these parts

Hey! A happy cowboy!

My little guy is ready to be RID of this bandana!


I love this cowboy!


1 comment:

  1. This has nothing to do with your cute cowboy, but I'm pretty sure you have the fastest growing hair in the world!

    ReplyDelete