Sunday, December 12, 2010

Making Up For Lost Time

Mercy! It's been too long since I've posted. This boy has me on the go! We're only a couple days away from Jesse's first birthday!! I'm excited to celebrate this milestone with our Jesse David.

First Tooth

In the last month, we've been busy. Jesse got his first tooth at 10.5 months. Just one! :) It seems like so many babies get their teeth in twos. We have a little 6 month old girl at church with two teeth and four more on the way. :) I was a little ansy for Jesse to start getting teeth, but then I learned that his bites aren't as sweet with teeth. Jesse has liked to bite on my chin for a while. NOW that's not fun.
Bruiser

Jesse had some sad things happen this past month. As he crawled around the house, we had TWO bloody mouths. He was crawling in the kitchen once, missed his hand, and hit it mouth on the tile. Dad was there for that one. Then, the next one was in the same week. He was crawling around the couch as I folded laundry. That one produced a swollen lip. I was sick with sadness for my baby! I felt so bad - what could I do to prevent this?! We've made it several weeks without any more bloody mouths. (Knock on wood.)

It is with great sadness that I post these pictures.




Bloody shirt from crawling incident #1

Fat lip from crawling incident #2


Barry Love and Sharing



Jesse LOVES his dog! I'm so glad we have Barry for Jesse's entertainment. :) There are times I get frustrated with Barry, and I'm pretty certain Barry gets frustrated with Jesse. But they are two good buddies. :)

Scott feels sorry for Barry sometimes that he doesn't have a lot of toys. Barry always tears his toys up, and honestly, I'm more focused on toys for another fun little buddy in our house. So we've amped up Barry's toy supply, but Jesse wants to share.



Jesse: I'd like to play with this toy too.


Barry: REALLY?!?!


Giving Barry some love...


LOOK! No hands!


Throwing things out the dog door or looking for Barry. Jesse still hasn't gone all the way out yet. Things Jesse has tossed out the dog door: shoes (a favorite), pacifier, his socks, his sippy, his spoon, his toys, a pot (he lugged it across the kitchen). It's always amusing to find what he throws out.

They love looking out the window together. They really, really want to go play with the big boys (4th and 6th graders) playing ball outside. This picture makes my heart happy. :)

A VERY regular occurence
My boy get more and more fun. He's a precious, wild, happy, busy, loving, demanding, messy little boy. And he's SUCH a blessing!!! What an amazing year he's made this!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment