Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Swimming and Sophie Georgie

A Little Swimmer

It's been swimming weather for a quite a while down here in Katy, but we hadn't gone to the pool until this past weekend. I wanted to go as a family for Jesse's first trip. Scott worked like crazy trimming trees on Saturday, so he was definitely ready to go to the pool. (I'm convinced he loves climbing up high and pruning. He's found aother passion.)

Anyhow, I was a little nervous about Jesse's super-duper pale skin, so we lathered him up with sunscreen. We also didn't have any baby floaties or little swimmer diapers. We decided to just go for a little bit.



Scott and I were way more excited than Jesse. He was a cool customer. He just acted like business as usual. :) The little guy kicked like crazy - as usual. He's an expert kicker! :) I just love doing 'firsts' with Jesse!





After swimming, Jesse got to dry off a little with Mom and Dad.





Sophie-Georgie

I first learned about Sophie from Amanda and Caroline. Our precious Caroline loved her Sophie! When I googled her, I learned that she is quite the popular teething toy. I have been on the hunt for a good teething toy, because Jesse is not only an expert kicker, he's also an expert biter. His object of choice: fingers!!! My fingers aren't always clean, so I'd love for him to have a toy he loves. I tried some typical teething toys. Jesse was ok with them, but he would quickly lose interest. So I ordered a Sophie! (The cheapest place I found her was Amazon.) I couldn't wait for her to come in the mail!

Leading up to Sophie's arrival, we spent some time in the sun. Jesse tried to sooth his biting urge on Barry:




His book: He devours literature.



The toy on his excercaucer:



Then, the day Sohpie arrived, I decided to try letting Jesse chew on his toothbrush. When I hold him while brushing my teeth, he grabs my toothbrush and puts it in his mouth. He actually enjoyed his toothbrush.





Then Sophie Came!!! He actually loved her!!! We were so excited to find a toy that's easy for him to manipulate - he can hold onto her very easily. He likes chewing on her ears, head, neck, and feet. She's great!



We're just considering renaming Sophie to Georgie...it's more manly. :) We'll see if it can stick. Maybe Sophie-Georgie will be a good compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment