Thursday, July 22, 2010

Trip to Enid




We went to Oklahoma for a week around the 4th of July. We stayed one night with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leigh on the way up. I LOVE seeing Adam's apartment with Leigh and her stuff in it! :) It's much improved from being the bachelor pad. Good job, Leigh! We drove to Enid the next morning. I also love breaking up the trip to OK into two days now that we travel with Jesse. I used to want to press through. Jesse has changed that...along with lots of other things: my sleeping schedule, the landscape of my stomach, my standard for 'being ready' each day... :) All those things are expendable to me. :)




Grandma likes to get her hands on the boy

I love that lots of our family come to my parents' house when we're there. Toby, Yvette, and Sweet Elyse came and stayed a couple nights. Thanks guys!!! I love every second I get to spend with them and my precious niece. She's a DOLL! There are some major differences between her and Jesse. I say she's a lady, and he's my rowdy boy. In her bouncy seat, Elyse moves her feet in circles, while Jesse nearly bounces himself out of there with his wild kicks. When Elyse eats, she holds her arms straight out to her sides, and Jesse rubs both hands in the spoon, in his mouth, and all over this face and hair. Elyse is sleeping more than Jesse at night, letting her Mama and Daddy sleep, and Jesse likes to wake me up to make sure he's still my number one. I'd do anything for the kids...obviously. :) I love my Elyse and my Jesse, and I wouldn't trade either for anything.


See the difference in the bouncy-seat action. She's lookin' at him like, 'calm down, cous.'





We like to switch babies






My big tough brother is such a softy






Some more fun visitors were Jesse's Great-Aunt Diana (I think it's funny to say GREAT-Aunt), Great-Aunt Cindy, Great-Aunt Gingie...I guess they brought Wayne and Lyle with them. :) We got to see Kacy, Cassie, Gavin, and Ella. One of Jesse's biggest fans is his cousin Ella. She plays babydolls and lots of them are named Jesse. It's a good thing she's a little girl, or I'd have to straighen her out...she calls Jesse a 'her' and some of her 'Jesse' dolls wear dresses. :) I'm kidding. There's no straightening her out - I love that kid!!! She's the best at 'bink patrol'. Anytime Jesse fusses, cries, or sits there, she runs for his pacifier and sticks it right in. She knows her stuff.





Jesse with Gingie






Gavin and Ella taking care of Jesse


We got to visit Joshua at the fire station. He's so brave and was obviously made to do this. I get nervous every time I think of him having to rush out when he gets a call. While we were at the station getting a tour, we asked Joshua how it works when he gets called. He explained that you'll hear a buzz/beep that goes out to all the stations. Then a follow-up will specify which station/which crew needs to go. A few minutes later, just before we got to the truck part of the tour, we hard the first signal. No big deal. Then, the 2nd. Joshua said, 'That's us', handed Jesse off, and rushed out. We left. I got to see him hurry down the road, sirens blaring. My brave little, huge, muscley brother. I'm so proud.


Jesse knows he's safe with Uncle Joshy


At the Fire Station: before he got the call to go save the day.

We made a few good purchases while we were in Enid. We ate burgers at The Pink Flamingo: a little hole-in-the-wall place I've been to maybe once in my life. It was good. I loved getting to get a cherry-lime-aide from Lennox. They have the best cherry-lime-aides ever. Nevermind that 3/4 of mine got dumped off the coffee table by a giant dog's tail. Grrrrr. Toby and Yvette purchased a sundae for us at Sonic. Good purchase. And we got Jesse a Johnny Jump Up from Walmart. Our little jumper had a little bit of a tough time with the tighter spring (compared to his Jumperoo), but he sure learned how to spin in it! :) That was entertaining for Jesse...and the rest of us. :)

Jesse-Jump-Up


One more of the reasons I LOVE being at my parents' house is that my mom is a cheerful early riser...a lot like my son. :) Only she gets up much earlier and stays up. Jesse gets up early...then heads back to bed. When my mom's around, she's up when he gets up. She lets me feed him, then she takes over. I wish I could take her with me back to Katy... :( I like getting extra sleep. Thanks Mama!!! I love you!!!!

Grandma takin' over Jesse for me early in the morning so I can go back to sleep. Ahhhhh, sleep!



It's just hard to leave family, but our next stop was incredible as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment