Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Open and Pull Out

Jesse certainly has a sense of adventure. He likes to go out and explore the house. He's checking out everything he hasn't been able to play with and every place I haven't taken him to play. And he's already found some favorite curiousities.



Jesse learned how to open kitchen cabinet doors this week. He's pretty good at it, but he gets frustrated when he pulls on the wrong side: the side with the hinges. Our hinges are hidden on the inside of the door. There's actually one that still tricks me sometimes. Scott pointed out the other day that he thinks the builders put it on backward - it should open the other way. When Jesse discovered he could open the door with his bowls in it, I figured it was ok - they're plastic. He found a spice rack - that has now been moved. The spices were in glass jars, and they were great for rolling around the tile. I introduced him to the tupperware door. This was LOTS of fun - with lids and containers being banged, scooted, and rolled on the kitchen floor. I'm pretty sure Jesse's not the first kid to like this cabinet. :) The bad thing about learning to open doors and drawers is that Jesse is also experiencing the pain of closing his fingers in those doors. Poor little guy.



Jesse has found the dog door. He pushes on it. Once while he was sitting close to it, Barry showed him how it works. I wasn't very pleased with Barry for putting this thought into Jesse's head in such an obvious manner, but we're still in the clear. We haven't had any baby escapes through the doggy door.



Jesse likes to play with blinds too. When he goes to a window, I raise them up so he can see out. He tries to stand up on the windowsill. He keeps me on my toes, and I'm just to thankful for Jesse. I'm so thankful I get to be the one who chases after Jesse. He's such a blessing.



We're starting the cabinet kid lock process...
This one can be lock-free. He needs to be able to play some.


Jesse's bowls and a spice bottle.


Tupperware...all over


Remember when Violet and Barry were looking out this window together? Now Jesse took a turn.






No comments:

Post a Comment