Monday, December 13, 2010

Santa's Helper....or Mama's

Preparing for Christmas was fun this year with my little helper. One day he'll be a good helper. This year, he wants to be right there - in on what I'm doing. That means it takes me longer. :)

Everyday house jobs are more interesting with Jesse. I guess it's more fun to have someone there with me all the time. I'd sure rather manage Jesse while I work than do it all alone. Dishwashing - Jesse wants to pull everything out of the dishwasher: clean or dirty. He'll even crawl up onto the door. I usually get started while he's throwing stuff out the dog door or looking out a window. He's distracted. I hurry!!! He hears what I'm doing. He's on the move! Faster than me! Hurry, Mama, close the door!!! :) Goodness.

Laundry. Same kind of story. Jesse's distracted. I head into the laundry room. I hurry. He hears me, he makes his way in, moves the laundry basket aside. My attempt to block him out is unsuccesful. The thing is, he'll look for any piece of dog food that's been dropped on the floor. Who beats who? Jesse or Mama?

Well, just imagine all that with decorating a tree. We debated what to do about a tree. I really love having a Christmas tree, but we knew it would be just another HUGE temptation for Jesse. So we put it in the office - where we can close the doors! Success!



Picking out the tree for us - notice my boys in shorts.


This one? That one?


Sparkly, Mom! Where have these toys been hiding?


Be sure to use lots of these!


This is the best way to wrap a present. Roll it out...


Then flip it over and SHAKE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment