Monday, December 13, 2010

A Year Ago Today

I've been super nostalgic this past week thinking of what was happening 'a year ago today'. I tell Jesse each day.
December 10th, 2009 was my last day to teach my 2nd grade class. It was a Thursday.

He was due on Friday, December 11th, but we knew we had a C-section planned for Monday, the 14th. Jesse was a breech baby, so we knew we'd have a C-section unless he did some last minute flipping. I took the day off school and actually went shopping. Some ladies working in a shop asked when I was due. They were a little nervous when I told them, "Today!" :)

On Saturday, we went to help move in our new Youth Pastor. They had their 4 month old there - Jesse's soon to be good buddy.

Sunday was so special. A year ago today. It was our last time at church without Jesse. We had communion that day, which is always a sacred and emotional experience for me. Add to that the pregnancy hormones and the weight of it being hours before we'd meet Jesse - I was a mess. :) It was the perfect way to prepare for the birth of our son. Grandma and Grandpa Sandwick came that afternoon so they could be around for Jesse's arrival. I didn't think I'd be able to sleep. But I did. :)

The rest of the sweet story is 'a year ago tomorrow.'


No comments:

Post a Comment