Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mobile Mischief


Jesse is such a little boy. He's finding mischief to get into, and he's making tougher and tougher on his Mama to watch out for him. I guess God makes it that way - so Mamas can slowly acclimate to the dangers of having a boy.

Some interesting things I've learned:

People say, 'don't let kids play with plastic bags' because kids like plastic bags! Jesse has a knack for finding and grabbing plastic bags if they're anywhere close.

People say, 'don't let kids play with electrical cords', because kids like to play with electrical cords! Jesse will find any hidden cord in a room. This will be very touch to kid-proof. I wish he could just play with them. It'd be a lot easier. He finds them behind the tv, under the couch...anywhere.

MISCHIEF

Mama uses this to get boogies out of my nose. I used to HATE it. Now I think it's funny, AND I LOVE chewing on it....just like Barry. He's chewed up a couple of these already.


Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm! Yummy!

MOBILITY

Mama sits me down in the living room to play for a bit while she works in the kitchen. That used to be No Problem.

See how cute I am? What trouble can I get into? She's right there.



Here's one thing I can do.


I have a combination scoot/roll plan of attack.


When I get out onto the tile, I make a little yell to celebrate a successful effort, yell at Mom to watch for me, and warn Barry that I'm on my way.


Do I get the green ball or Barry?


I'm gonna get Barry!


Getting into good position...


Jesse rolls on his back to be in a great cuddle position with Barry, and Barry gets up. He's outta there.


That's ok. Who needs Barry? I found a trash can and a big plastic bag!!


I got all the way over here - that darn ball rolls when I go after it.



Mom confined me to the jumperoo so she can work on dinner. Barry's thankful.
CONCLUSION
Mom's gonna have to keep the floor clean if I'm gonna be movin' all over it, and I'm alreay getting banged up. I had rubbed spots on my elbows and knees tonight after all of my moving around. I also had what looked like a little rug burn on my wrist. Mom's gonna want to put me in knee pads.

1 comment:

  1. It's just beginning! We have gates EVERYWHERE. I also have had to move furniture out, ALL decorations, lamps, and anything else under 3 feet!! Now we are into climbing. I could handle the walking and running, but the climbing is quite another story. There is only so much you can move out and so many gates you can put up!! This is a phase I could do without. Looks like Jesse is right on track to be there in a few months!! Yippie!

    ReplyDelete