Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Catching Up Attempt...from July

I'm not a faithful blogger.  (I realize this is an unnecessary statement - it's obvious.)  But I am a faithful mother.  I keep up with Jesse.  He always eats - usually pretty good food.  I'm a faithful launderer.  We always have the option of clean clothes to wear.  I'm NOT the best stain remover - that title goes jointly to my Mother- and Father-in-law.  They are the world's best at that.  Jesse's Memaw Blakemore once got permanent marker out of my favorite pair of teaching khaki pants.  PERMANENT marker - gone!  That was back before she was Jesse's Memaw or I was even a Blakemore.

Anyhow.  I've been busy with other things.  :)  But I thought I'd try catching up - so I, at least, can look back and remember some fun Jesse stories.  I'm sure all of my readers are long gone.  :)

In July, Jesse got to spend some time with his cousins in Enid.  I'll be so thankful when we can get a good picture of them all smiling.  After this shot, in which Jesse seems to be thrilled, we started losing our subjects, Jesse even stuck his finger up his nose...  It went down hill from here.  :)  But they're precious - Jesse, Elyse, and Erin.  :)


 Next, we have a shot of Jesse being a big boy and getting hair cut at Kidooz.  He gets to ride in a car and watch a video while scissors and clippers are all around his head.  He does a great job - as does the stylist. 

Warning:  this is a very sad picture coming up!  Praise Jesus my boy didn't have to get stitches!  He was running in my bedroom, thrilled to have snagged my chapstick, when he took a tumble.  It happened in the amount of time it took me to take his dirty diaper to the garage.  He tripped and fell head first into the corner of my bedroom door.  It sure looked sad for a while!  :(

One weekend, Daddy, Jesse, and I went to check out the Wildlife Safari in Caney, KS.  It was SO neat!  Jesse thought this bear was a 'doggy'. 

Daddy had a truckful (a VERY big dumptruck full) of dirt delivered to our driveway so we could level out our backyard.  It was terribly rutted from the trucks driven back there to install the fence, then the digging for the spinkler system.  That wouldn't have been much of a problem if it had all taken place in the mid- to late-summer when the ground was as hard as cement.  But this all seemed to take place while the ground was nice, wet, and smooshy.  Jesse pitched into help carry dirt in his wheelbarrow.  We also owe both Memaws and Papas for their blood, sweat, and efforts as well!!

July was the hottest month on record in OK.  We tried staying indoors most of the time.  Execpt for that whole truck load of dirt we shoveled, wheeled, and raked into our backyard.  Like Jesse's Papa Blakemore said, Jesse shouldn't roll an ankle playing football or soccer in the backyard now.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment